IF YOU ARE IN PHYSICAL DANGER, CALL 911!
Call the Legal Aid office IMMEDIATELY if:
- You have filed for a civil protective order.
- You have been served documents requiring a response to the court with a time deadline.
- You are required to appear at a court hearing.
- You are facing an appeal or court deadline.
If you are not sure whether your case is urgent, call us.
Domestic Abuse Situations
- ACCESS (Assault Care Center Extending Shelter and Support for individuals in physical danger): 1-888-983-4641
Food or Shelter Needs
- Community Services: 515-663-2930.
- MICA(Mid Iowa Community Action): 515-956-3333.
- United Way of Story County: 515-268-5142.
- Emergency Residence Project: 515-232-8075.
- ACCESS: 1-800-203-3488 or 515-292-5378.