To be considered for our services, you:
- Must be a resident of Story County, Iowa.
- Must complete a Legal Aid intake form.
- Must have a civil case. Check our services to see if your case may qualify.
- Must not present a conflict of interest for our staff.
- Must meet income eligibility requirements (typically 125% of the Federal poverty level for your household size or below). Assets and all sources of income may be considered.
Contact the Legal Aid office at 515-382-2471 IMMEDIATELY if:
- You are in physical danger and need help obtaining a protective order.
- You have been served documents requiring a response to the court with a time deadline.
- You are required to appear at a court hearing.
- You are facing a court deadline.